Thursday, November 19, 2015

An open letter to You





Dear You,

For almost half my life, I have cared about You – my best friend.

You are the person I turn to for absolutely everything, big or small, and that means the world to me. I'm not sure how long I could live without being able to tell You my exact, step-by-step thought process about overthinking something that won't be important in 2 months. You save me from my own insanity, and I couldn't be more grateful.




Sitting back and thinking about an awesome memory from a spur-of-the-moment adventure is great, but being able to think back to the nights that all we did was drink wine, tell stories, and laugh is just as great. You have taught me how to take risks, laugh at myself, and forgive.

Every best friend relationship is different—they grow from being new friends, to good friends, to best friends, to basically being sisters. Every step of the way to You becoming my family has been emotional, exciting, and absolutely beautiful. You have helped me see what I can be and how to be a better me. Now it's my turn to tell You how great You are.

Words for when I think of You:

* strong
* beautiful soul
* patient
* quick thinker
* funny
* vibrant
* magnetic
* dreamer
* brave
* fighter

People are drawn to You - to your ideas, to your energy. You create dreamers out of people. I often find myself inspired just being in the same room as You. How do you even do that? I laugh thinking about all the things You have inspired me to do, that I would have never even touched on if it weren't for You.





I have absolutely zero idea what I would do without you, and I have no intention of ever finding out. Sorry love, you're sorta stuck with me, and I know we wouldn't have it any other way.

Love,
Me

*Be the shit, Everyone else already knows you are*

No comments:

Post a Comment