Wednesday, October 22, 2014

14 Questions with Sheila Barden - Games Athlete

I always wish these interviews started with "We sat down for lunch together" or "As we chatted on the phone".....but email is what makes most of these Q and A's possible, so I'll take it!

Today's Q and A is with Sheila Barden. All around Bad Ass from the North East. Her Crossfit journey began in 2011 and she has since been to the North East Regionals in 2012, 2013, and 2014. She earned the 2nd place spot in 2014 and headed to Carson for the Games. She can do 40 unbroken pull ups, deadlift 285#, and is gaining strength daily. Can't wait to see what the next year brings! Congrats Sheila!

1. Last song you listened to on your Ipod? Most embarrassing song on your Ipod?
Big Money by The Game
Sweet Little Sheila by Tommy Roe

2. Favorite "I know it's not good for me" treat?
Salted Caramel Gelato, yum!

Sooooooo good


3. You can take 3 things on a deserted island, what are they?
My husband, my nanos, flint
4. Row or Run?
Neither, can I get an airdyne?

Hmmmm, could not find an Airdyne pic


5. Crossfit term that makes you giggle? Yep, I'm super immature
To be honest, none. 

6. Hardest movement to master?
Snatch, I've cried more than once during snatch sessions.




7. Your favorite movement?
Burpees

Such a funny one - and Lindsey is her Team Mates on the LA Reign


8. What has been your proudest moment to date?
Not dying in the ocean during event one of the 2014 CrossFit Games. That was the first time I ever swam in the ocean, and the fact that I didn't have to get rescued out in those waves made the rest of the week feel like a cake walk.

9. Who is your biggest fan?
My husband, Jake. He was my first "sponsor" and my biggest support system.

10. Who do you look up to?
My sister. She's a teacher, an inner-city charter school founder and an all around bad ass. She inspires the next generation and is helping to shape the future. No matter how many times I go to the Games, or step out on the Grid, I will never be able to say I changed the future like she has been able to do.

11. Who would play you in your made for tv movie?
Me. I'm one of a kind, I don't think I'm replicable, and no one can duplicate my laugh.




12. 1st thing that went through your head when you got to Carson?
"I don't want this feeling to ever go away."

13. Quote that keeps you going?
Little Wins




14. Favorite moment on LA Reign?
Gritting out the backward roll to supports and winning race 8, and the bonus flag, for my team against the Phoenix Rise.






No comments:

Post a Comment