|Still jealous I couldn't be there|
In my quest to soak up as much bad ass and heavy lifting chicks as I could I stumbled on Tarra. Her Instagram is chalk full of car selfies, insane back squats, and even crazier benches (@t_rexx1250). I really liked seeing a girl my size (but not for long! she is moving down a weight class!!!!) lifting heavy. When I say heavy, I mean it. Check out her bio from Elite FTS:
Tarra Oravec is an elite competitive powerlifter and has a top 10 All-Time total with 1200 pounds at 181 in the raw with wraps division. Her best meet lifts are a 435 squat, a 280 bench and a 500 pound deadlift. Tarra won Champion of Champions at RUM 8 in 2014. She has a Master's degree in Social Work from the University of Pittsburgh. Currently she is working for a nonprofit organization in the city of Pittsburgh providing housing and case management to those in the homeless arena that frequently cycle through other systems (justice, mental health, drug and alcohol, etc).
She is the real deal and it's awesome to follow her journey. One day I noticed she tagged Streaky (@streaky_yates_) in a post. I could not believe my cyber stalking was about to collide! So much easier for me ;) Tarra is using Streaky for nutrition and to cut a weight class. Both Tarra and Streaky have been great about answering questions and encouraging me along this lift heavy path. So great to have some strong ladies to look up to!
|Car Selfie + mermaid hair = swoon|
1. What does your off day look like? What do you like to do other than pick things up and put them down?
2. What does your training day look like? Where are you training? Multiple times a day? With friends or alone?
3. What advice do you have for women looking to lift heavy shit?
4. Favorite movie?
I wish I could even answer this, I have no idea. I love all kinds of different movies, but I can never remember the names!
5. What was your take-away from your most recent Power Lifting meet?
6. What is your focus on now? Do you have goals set?
My most recent meal plan was through Jenn Streaky Yates. It's probably the best meal plan and guidance I've ever received. Going forward I may try out something new. I think it's important to experiment with different things, so that you know what works best for you. I made a lot of progress with my relationship with food over the past few months, but I think I may be ready to venture into trying something new.
7. What has changed for your new meal plan? Flexible dieting, Macros....?
8. What is your favorite cereal?
|I'm gonna need to try this!|
9. What is the question you get asked most?
10. Who do you look up to? Who are you DYING to meet?
11. Any vacations planned?
I don't even know how it's possible, but I am neither. I hate mornings, and I get tired by like 1am. The struggle is real.
12. Morning person or night owl?
13. Do you have a motto or a saying that gets you through the tough workouts?
14. What has changed now that you are a EliteFTS athlete?
15. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
16. What music gets you pumped?
17. How did you know this was for you? Was there a moment that you fell in love with the weights?
I have been a competitive athlete for my entire life, so competing comes naturally to me. Honestly, most of the sports I've competed in came naturally to me, that's why I did them; it wasn't because I loved them. I would say powerlifting was the same in the beginning, I simply excelled at it, so I continued to do it. The more I compete and the further along I get in my powerlifting career, the more I recognize what it means to me and what role it plays in my life. I like to be the best at everything, and I will never settle for mediocrity. I think powerlifting is a sport that is in constant motion. There will always be someone who is stronger than you, so it really keeps your momentum going. You should never get complacent; there is always someone out there gunning for your spot.
18. What is your favorite guilty pleasure? Food, sweats on the couch? :)
My favorite guilty pleasure? I'm SUCH a home body. I would choose sweats and hanging out at home over just about anything, any day of the week.
390 and 400 pull
220 Bench for 5