Friday, July 22, 2011

Diagnosis: Lyme's Disease

Yep. I've got it. I've been suffering from headaches, eye strain, and general "funk" since my ER visit. I went to the Dr. on Tuesday because I was just tired of feeling awful. I typically NEVER get sick. I rarely get colds. So, to have headaches all the time and not feeling good is way out of the norm for me.

Dr.'s first question? Always the same. "Could you be pregnant?" My answer? Always the same "I better not be!" I have two great boys, that's all I can handle! My husband got a vasectomy when Mason was 3 weeks old. Done and done! I really really don't want to end up on "I didn't know I was pregnant". I would like my reality show career to start a very different way.


Blood work came back positive for Lyme's. I started antibiotics yesterday and feel slightly better. I feel a little tired, some headache and that's about it. I don't like feeling tired. It's terrible. Also, it's 104 degrees today!

The GOOD (very Pollyanna of me):
- this happened during the summer when I'm not really working
- I do not have a race until September 11th
- my body probably could use some down time to recover from life

So, taking it easy. Relaxing. Trying not to go crazy. Any good books I should pick up?

5 comments:

  1. Also really good--they caught it in time for antibiotics! Hope you're back and running in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear, but at least you know what it is and can take something.

    have you read the long run by matt long ? or snowflower and the secret fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you found positives! I'm annoying and always manage to find a bright spot - totally never even though of relating that to Pollyanna!

    This is interesting. I've read about Lyme Disease before, since the girl in the Real World Seattle had it. I'll have to read more now. I hope that it doesn't end up bothering you too much. So to keep it positive, yes, go ahead and enjoy some downtime! You have certainly earned it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, that stinks! I am sorry!! I hope the antibiotics kick in soon and that you are feeling better. I am glad they figured out what it is and that it isn't a #3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I hope you feel better soon! I always recommend The Hunger Games and Divergent to people when they ask for books. I also love Lisa See and Jodi Picoult if you haven't tried their books yet. Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete