Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What's in the box??? Thirty Something Fashion Experience

 I hate to shop. I love fashion, have a ton of fashion magazines....follow a ton of fashion blogs. Put me in a mall and I'm toast. I will find nothing. Nothing will fit. There will be tears. It's sad. It's pathetic. Season changes make me crazy. I wear too much Old Navy and I have shirts from high school still. Oops!

I have a friend that is a personal shopper. Her blog rocks. Carly lives in Jersey and offers parties, personal shopping, and The Box. Intrigued? You should be. The Box is $35 and you give her some info and she sends you clothes, accessories...whatever you are looking for. I told her I was looking for Fall, jewelry, and I'm on a budget. This was Friday, I waited patiently and Monday afternoon this was on my doorstep!


nervous to open. what if nothing fits?!

cute note of "enjoy!"

Each outfit was individually wrapped with some hints and instructions
Asymmetrical dress. LOVED it




Love Love Love this necklace



Sam sat on the couch and I did a fashion show. There were 9 outfits total. I was thinking maybe 2. Wow! He wrote down what I liked and came up with fun names for everything so we could remember. Everything fit except one dress (thighs were too big!). That was a first for me. To have so many amazing clothes AND they fit! No tears!!!!

Everything was amazing. Nothing I would have had the guts to pick myself. I picked 6 things that I could not live without.

Now I let Carly know what I'm keeping and ship the rest back. She charges the $35 plus the price of what I want to keep. No minimum. If I didn't like anything I send it back and it's just $35. I highly recommend this service. I didn't have to go to the mall. No finding babysitters. I let someone else be brave and pick my clothes and all I had to do was try them on. Who doesn't like love a fashion show?!

3 comments:

  1. I am elated you had such a great experience...and you are so cute that you paid attention to all the details...like the notes and the tissue...I am trying my hardest to brand myself and make sure the client (YOU) have the best most fashionable experience as possible! All the while, making it convenient and easy...as MOMS need it to be...
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about some broken links on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

    Hailey William
    haileyxhailey@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've never heard of anything like this. That's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete