Monday, November 4, 2013

CFA 1st Annual Throwdown

Saturday our box did their first annual throwdown. It was so much fun! The coaches were judges and anyone who wanted to compete could. Girls started first and then the dudes went. It went from about 9am to 12:30 ish - good times.

Workouts:

1st Event:
Thruster Ladder (Guys will start 95# and move on in increments of 10#, ladies begin at 65# and go up by 5# they will have a minute to perform the lift, if they fail they must deadlift for the remainder of the minute as a tie braker)

2nd Event: Crazy 8’s
8 Power Cleans 115/75
8 Burpees
8 Goblet Squats 16kg/12kg
8 AMRAP

3rd Event: Swing, Jump & Lift
5 Deadlifts 185/115
10 Box Jumps 24/20
15 KB Swings 24kg/16kg
7 AMRAP
Of course I had a plan. My goal for the 1st event was to hit 105#. Thrusters suck and I typically only do them in a WOD which calls for 65-85#'s - not a ladder.  I was able to get 110#! Go me! I cleaned 115# and got the front squat but could not get it over head. Oh well. Sam did well with this too.
 My goal for the 2nd event was 7 rounds. I was able to get 5+7. The burpees took it out of me more than I thought they would. I think this was the hardest workout of the day. I was really glad when this was done. Whew!
 My goal for the 3rd event was 6 and I got 6+1. Yipee! This WOD was my favorite. The weight and the movements were totally my style. I felt great after this one. Very tired, but great. 
 Going into the finals I was in first place, which was very exciting. All the girls there were great and worked so hard. We all cheered for each other and encouraged each other. I love that about CFA.
 Final WOD:
Translation: 400 meter run, 10 pushups, 20 knees to elbow (handing from a bar), 30 front squats (45 pounds), 40 kettlebell swings, 50 situps, 60 double under jump ropes. This is not my jam. I can do all the movements, but not super fast. Oh, and I do not like running. I got through it, but it took a lot of cheering and a lot of mental toughness. A lot of mental toughness. This is when I have to really focus on me, not the people around me and what round they are on. Just keep moving and keep going. I finished in 9:30.

Results? I won! It was so much fun and doing 4 WODs in one day was not as terrible as I thought! Sam made it to the finals also and scored a 4th place finish. Pretty proud of that guy!







After the throwdown a few of us went for burgers and fries. Yum. I was SOO hungry. Then it was time to recover. I sat in an ice bath, drank tons of water, and wore my compression shorts. They only soreness I have is my shoulders. I couldn't believe it! I thought I wouldn't be able to walk. I guess all that mobility CFA coaches are always talking about really is good :)

My new moto

Inside waistband of my new Reebok shorts. LOVE them

My moto for the Throwdown. Made goals for me that I can actually control. Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment