Tuesday, February 18, 2014

9 days!

9 days until The Open! Have you registered? Do you know what it is? It's one of many things the Crossfit Community does to get the average Joe involved in The Games. The Open is one of many steps that can lead you to Regionals and The Games. It can also lead you to PR's, a chance to see progress from last year, a chance to bond with your box (hehehehehe), a way to have some fun, etc. It's a good time, at least at Crossfit Annandale. 

To get ready I've made goals (you know I don't share those much), been working hard, doing mobility, and checking out new products that will help with my goals, fitness, sanity........

First thing I have found that I LOVE is Fuel for Fire. Wow. I tried two flavors, both amazing. The sweet potato apple one tastes like sweet potato pie. The banana cocoa tastes like heaven. I used them before, during, and after workouts. So yummy, so portable, and a lot of nutrition. I was surprised by how much they filled me up - they got a lot of sweet potatoes in that yummy little pouch. 10 grams of protein and the carbs are natural from fruit. No crazy add-ins. No chemicals. Clean and easy. 

Combo Pack

My husband also got me something fun - a new wedding band. It's from Qalo and it's made of some stretchy silicone type material. Sam and I have not been wearing our rings due to increased Crossfit/Weight lifting. Have you tried to wear a ring and do pull ups? Cleans? Dead lift? Nope. You will rip your shit. It hurts. I just didn't wear them because I didn't want to loose them at the gym. Then Sam found Qalo. Now we each have a ring that we can wear at the gym. I love it. I've done rope climbs (my first ever), kettle bell swings, cleans, kettle bell snatches, rowing, and handstand walks with it on. No pain, no rubbing - I didn't even notice it!

Women's Light Grey
My Ring
Men's Slate Grey Active Lifestyle Wedding Band
Sam's ring


I love it. We thought about getting tattoos, but that part of your finger is so small. I'm also not creative, so I couldn't think of what I wanted. This is perfect and I love it!


The other thing I have recently found - that I hope saves my hands - is Goat Tape. I got the sticky for olympic lifts and soft for gymnastics moves. I used it to when I ripped my hand, but needed to do a bunch of cleans and kettle bell snatches. Perfect!

Wholesale Scary Sticky This stuff is great, is super affordable and the guys at Goat Tape are doing awesome stuff with charities and savings peoples hands. I dare you to not fall in love with this. I ordered mine through Rogue Fitness. 

View 20140216_103003.jpg in slide show


So I've got my fuel, my ring, my tape, and my plan. I think I'm ready for The Open!

No comments:

Post a Comment