Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Trot with the trots.......yep. that happened.

That's right. I ran my first turkey trot, with the family and everything. Mom, sister, brother...we were all there. The weather was awesome - no wind, no rain. What was there too much off? My stomach issues! I went before I left the house - nothing new for a pre race morning there. I went at my mom's house - starting to get worried. Went at the porta potty - oh no. Actually had to stop at a spectator's house at mile 2 and use their bathroom! UGH! Who does that?!



















I finished the 5k in 30:31 - that includes the pit stop. Not too bad for almost pooping my pants for 2 miles, then stopping to use a strangers bathroom, then going on about my business. I bet that family did NOT expect that to happen to them on turkey morning. Oops!

It was so much fun though and a great course! We will definitely make it a family tradition!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you didn't poop your pants, that would suck. Nice job on your time, even with the pit stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! that's the WORST. glad the random person let you in their house! not everyone will... i have had too many runs with the 'trots', not fun.

    hope you had a happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that the whole family ran it.

    i am starting to feel like i can't control my gas issues on many runs.....i hope this is not what is up for me next !!! love that you had to pitstop at house on the course !!!! great time for race with pit stops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay girl - seriously! I ran my fastest race ever last weekend. 30:35. That was with me skipping the water stop, NOT stopping at a stranger's house to go potty, and walking a few paces when I thought I was going to puke on myself. Your time would have REALLY put me to shame had you not had to make a pit stop.

    But I am glad you stopped - because I totally almost did once. And I weenied out. Maybe next time I'll find the courage to do it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow. Now THAT is a story. I think that random spectator should be on your Christmas list. Glad to hear you didn't poop your pants, but I know what you were going through and I'm glad everything came out okay.

    ReplyDelete