Monday, September 17, 2012

My drug

A little Kesha and glitter


I haven't been on a training plan in a while. I'm currently training for the Army 10 miler in October and now that the weather is getting so nice out I'm pretty happy about my training plan.

My plan is much more strength and cross training than just running. I have found that to increase my speed and feel comfortable on race day I really need cross training and strength training. Who knew?

I did my first longish run of the training plan on Saturday - 5 miles. It was great. The weather was perfect....less heat and humidity means less chub rub. I'm always ok with that. I ran with music - haven't done that in a long time. Sometimes you just need a little Bieber to get through some sweaty times. That 5 miles, through my hilly neighborhood, might have been the best run of the year.

How I felt the rest of the day is exactly why I run and do triathlons. I was on a total high. I did it, I did the run, crossed it off the list, and I felt great. Super accomplished. Go Ann!




No comments:

Post a Comment