Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I think I'll go for a walk outside, the summer suns callin my name.....

This was the best.day.ever.

Sam and I are going to St. Lucia a week from today. Here's what we'll be looking at :
View from out WindJammer resort

Looks so amazing
We are going because my sister is getting married at the Sandels Resort in St. Lucia. We are staying at the WindJammer. Feel free to Google and be jealous of the pictures. The most important thing about the trip is having a passport. We didn't have valid ones. Until today. We know - leaving in one week and don't have passports! My mom was FREAKING out. I didn't even tell my sister. Hehehehe.

We made appointments at the passport office in D.C. at 8:30. We were told to bring our stuff, applications, and $. We were dreading the drive into D.C. at 8:30am. What a traffic nightmare. This is what it normally looks like:
Awful. But not today. Today we sailed into D.C. It was amazing. We parked for $16 in a garage UNDER the passport office! What?! How lucky are we? Our appointment was at 8:30 and by 9:15 we were told to come back at 2:00 to pick up our passports. Yeah!!!!!

We spent the morning walking around D.C. We felt very Metro. We were looking for a bookstore when we came upon Characters Unite. They said we could make a t-shirt and it was free. Sam almost ran to the booth. So, we took a pledge and stated what we wanted to take a stand on. We both picked bullying and made our shirt.

 I am pretty excited to wear this to school on Friday.

We found a GREAT place for lunch. Nando Peri Peri. It was the best chicken I've had in a long time.
Mediterranean Salad with Chicken and a side of mashed peas. Yum!

We walked around some more and headed back near the passport office. They said 2:00, but we got there around 12:45 to use the bathroom - not alot of public bathrooms in DC. The security guy told us to check on the passports, they might be done. By 1:00 we were walking out with passports in hand! Look out - we are international now!

A fun day with my husband, getting things done and relaxing. Doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment