Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Drum Roll Please........

Sam and I won the Paleo Challenge at our gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are super excited and very thankful for all the CFA, family, and friend support we got through those 60+ days. Here are a few reasons why we made it to the winners circle:

1. Sam: down 32 pounds, lost 4 inches on his waist, and made it 60 days with one cheat day!

Before pic is from 2008 at his heaviest. After pic is from two weeks ago.

2. Me: down 13 pounds, lost 2 inches on my waist, and improved my Challenge workout by 4 rounds and 7 reps! Kind of scary to post this pic, but I'm proud!


Now, I am not stopping here, neither is Sam. I know I have a ways to go, but I'm pretty happy with what 60 days of dedication, determination, and will power has done for us! We are now a relaxed Paleo household. What does that mean? For us it means we may use honey from time to time, a cheat meal (not day) once a week (or less often), pretty much stick to meats, veggies (lots and lots), and clean foods. If it has a shelf life of more than a few days we are not eating it (sorry twinkies!).

Here's a good Toes to Bar video (some peeps where unsure of how impressed to be for me)


I've crossed a few goals off my list in the last 2 weeks that I'm really proud of. I got toes to bar (now I need to work on consecutive ones), I am athlete of the month (I really hoped to earn that one day), and I've got 7 double unders in a row (shooting for 10 now). I've got a lot of work to do, but it is nice to see how the work I've already done has paid off.


One more CrossFit Open workout to do too!!!! Let's hope I can do it!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to use the word amazing, but honestly I am not amazed because I knew the two of you could and can do it! Super proud!!

    ReplyDelete