Friday, April 26, 2013

Christine....you B-word

Thursday night was Ladies night. Now, it's not as fun as it sounds (or maybe it is). CFA is doing Thursday Girl WODs. This Thursday was Christine:

3 rounds for time:
500 Meter Row
12 deadlifts at body weight
21 box jumps

I have not done this WOD before, but I thought I could do it Rx which makes me excited and nervous all at the same time. I'm very competitive with myself and always want to do better....but when it's the first time I typically look at what the others girls have done and try and set a goal that way. Lots happening here. Gotta think about good form when rowing and not wasting energy. Deadlifts at body weight (158) is do-able but will be hard. My deadlift max right now is 193. Bring it. Box jumps? My FAVORITE move in crossfit so far.

How did it go? Glad you asked. I warmed up and felt pretty good. I did not warm up the deadlift like I should have. I did a few reps, built up and got to 158. I did that a few times and got ready to start. The timer went off and I rowed my butt off. Got to the bar to dead lift - lifted once and that was it. I didn't fully focus on form and felt it in my back. I didn't know what to do, I tried to lift it again and nothing. Couldn't. I wanted to cry, but sucked it up. I mean, people are watching! My coach and a friend stripped the bar for me down to 103 and I kept going. I finished all three rounds in 14:04. I was very happy with the time, just wish I had been more focused on dead lift form and was able to do it at body weight. There's always next time, right?


Trying not to spend money on clothes, but how can I resist these two shirts?

Awesome Charcoal Grey Unicorn Tank Top

Crossfit Kool-Aid

No comments:

Post a Comment