Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Hi. My name is Ann and I'm a stress-aholic......

I have a problem with stress. I stress about stress. I can stress about anything - Nothing to stress about? No problem. I can invent find something. I have extremely patient and supportive friends that laugh at my stress, talk me off a ledge, and help me see how ridiculous I can be. Thanks guys!

Most recently I have seen first hand how stress has been affecting my weight.

I've been told a million times:



Also - STOP looking at what your role models/ "I want to look like her" are eating, doing, posting..... Why? You ARE NOT them. They are pros. I am NOT. I do not need to eat 6 meals of 1 million grams of protein. I did not workout 5 times today. They have no idea what's going on with Rich Kids of Beverly Hills, Real Housewives, Candidly Nicole, Tori and Dean.....I do. I really, really do. 



I have stressed about my weight. Spent hours looking up how _______ eats. I weighed myself daily. I have researched. I have spent money on - well, you name it. I have done online nutrition coaching. I have been to an actual sports nutritionist. Just writing about all this makes me sweat. What does all this equal? Stress. Then I'm upset, crying, emotional, hangry........no one likes it. Then I want to quit and eat the cookie dough tube.





I don't know what changed. I don't know what clicked.....maybe just the stars aligned.....but this last month has been my best, least stressed food/weight/workout month EVER. That's right folks, EVER! Stress levels are DOWN. If they go up they come back to earth MUCH faster. I'm done stressing about my stupid weight!

I am eating when I'm hungry (duh). I'm eating protein. I'm eating green veggies - LOTS. I'm drinking water - All. Day. Long. I've lost 7.6 pounds this month. What!?!?! No stress. I've had fun food days.... Let me tell you about this snowball I had in Baltimore. That's right, upgraded with the marshmellow fluff. Who am I? I've had some wine, some cocktails. Instead of freaking out and wondering "What am I doing wrong?", "What am I going to weight tomorrow?" - I have decided to not think about it. One meal did not get me chubby. It was years of neglect.

Now I'm waking up with a smile. It's so nice. Just ask my husband.

Stress. Get rid of it. Smile. Live life. Have fun. 

I do still like to check on what the greats are doing......like Lauren:




The difference now is that when I watch it I'm in awe. I'm not taking notes, I'm not thinking how I can incorporate their life into mine.......These are pros. They are not me. They do not have my life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment