Thursday, January 13, 2011

What if Jillian and Tony had a baby.......

I've been obsessed lately with Jillian's 30 day shred. I just can't get enough of it. It kicks my ass, but it's such a good ass kicking.

I've been doing this video for a little while and usually use the level 3 workout. This week I did level 3 tuesday at 5:30am and today I did level 2 at 5:30 am. What a great way to get the day going. She just rocks. I wish I could get trained by her...but will just have to settle watching her on the ranch.

I mean, who wouldn't want to look like that?

 My other new re-obsession is the P90X yoga. I've been doing that on Wednesdays, it's a long one so you really have to make time for it. It's such an amazing flexibility and strength workout without killing you (until the next day - oh those hammies). I did it yesterday and for the first time EVER I was able to do upward dog the way you are supposed to (see photo) - you know....nothing touching the ground except hands and toes! I couldn't believe it. I've been doing yoga for a while, but my strength must be really getting better, because this is the first time I was able to get both legs off the ground. Wahoo!!!!!


upward dog
I'm pretty sure that exactly what I looked like while doing it - we'll never know because I choose to do yoga solo right now.

This afternoon there is running on my agenda - tomorrow too. Then Saturday. Oh Saturday. I'm pretty scared of that morning right now. I'm going to my first team bike trainer ride. It's 1 hour and 50 minutes of a trainer ride. That's a lot. Sam will be with me - totally need help setting everthing up. I'm hoping to score a super yummy breakfast afterwards. We have a babysitter for the boys - does this count as a date?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't done the P90X yoga but, yoga in general is my favorite .... other than running, of course. I really love hot yoga, when the room is heated up and you sweat like crazy. So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have said it before... that dude's voice is annoying. I try to go to yoga everyday (there is a studio across from my house) and I have found that doing it with an instructor really helps with mastering the poses correctly. It's amazing the difference it has made to my practice. If you ever feel like taking a yoga class in dc come on out... it's $10.

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete