Thursday, January 13, 2011

What if Jillian and Tony had a baby.......

I've been obsessed lately with Jillian's 30 day shred. I just can't get enough of it. It kicks my ass, but it's such a good ass kicking.

I've been doing this video for a little while and usually use the level 3 workout. This week I did level 3 tuesday at 5:30am and today I did level 2 at 5:30 am. What a great way to get the day going. She just rocks. I wish I could get trained by her...but will just have to settle watching her on the ranch.

I mean, who wouldn't want to look like that?

 My other new re-obsession is the P90X yoga. I've been doing that on Wednesdays, it's a long one so you really have to make time for it. It's such an amazing flexibility and strength workout without killing you (until the next day - oh those hammies). I did it yesterday and for the first time EVER I was able to do upward dog the way you are supposed to (see photo) - you know....nothing touching the ground except hands and toes! I couldn't believe it. I've been doing yoga for a while, but my strength must be really getting better, because this is the first time I was able to get both legs off the ground. Wahoo!!!!!


upward dog
I'm pretty sure that exactly what I looked like while doing it - we'll never know because I choose to do yoga solo right now.

This afternoon there is running on my agenda - tomorrow too. Then Saturday. Oh Saturday. I'm pretty scared of that morning right now. I'm going to my first team bike trainer ride. It's 1 hour and 50 minutes of a trainer ride. That's a lot. Sam will be with me - totally need help setting everthing up. I'm hoping to score a super yummy breakfast afterwards. We have a babysitter for the boys - does this count as a date?