Monday, January 24, 2011

First week with a tri coach.....I'm still alive!

I survived my first week with Coach R. It was not nearly as crazy/scary as I thought. He eased us in nicely - although I think it's going to get busy pretty fast. Here's how the week went:

Monday: Treadmill run 3 miles and I added in some crazy dance moves


Tuesday: Bike trainer for 30:00 and Strength with Jillian 30 day shred (got my heart rate monitor!)

Wednesday: Yoga P90X

Thursday: Bike Trainer 1 hour

Friday: Run outside 4 miles

Lots of clothes for cold weather wimps

Saturday: 9 miles on the treadmill and Team Fexy Winter Party!

Sunday: Bike Trainer 1:30 (whew!) and Swim 1150 meters with Coach R at the pool

Probably exactly how perfect my form looked at the workout :)
This past week was great. I feel stronger. I'm not so nervous about my first 1/2 mary in March. The holiday party was great, we got to hang out and talk with lots of triathletes and their spouses/partners/friends. We ordered some Fexy gear (visors, tri tops, and shorts for Sam).

Sam is feeling great about his running. He's up to 2 miles without walking, which is the most he's run in 13 years! He's kicking butt on the trainer rides too. We scored a babysitter for some of the saturday rides! Coach R has 2 daughters that said they will watch the boys. Whew! That takes some pressure off.

I'm also back on a preschool kick for the boys. Sammy is 4 going on 13 and Mason is close behind him. He missed the kindergarten cutoff by a few months, so he needs one more year before school. There is a preschool right by my school that I'm excited about, so we will tour it soon. I have to get the courage to tell daycare - last time I mentioned preschool they cried. Ugh, being a mom is so hard! I hate making decisions.

Here's to hoping I survive this week! I have two workouts tomorrow - might be a 5am gym start.

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Mary (IronMatron's) blog. I just started with a coach too for my first 70.3 in August and I also can't believe I have a coach. I have a half marathon coming up in April that I'm nervous about. I will be following you and have added you to my blog roll! Good luck with the training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm following you now too. sounds like we have very similar race schedules! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete