Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bring it!

Dinner plans last night blew up in my face. Sam had to get his car worked on and it took FOREVER, so that left me and the boys to fend for ourselves. I can cook, but not like Sam can. So I fed the boys and decided to eat after they went to bed. I had fiber plus pasta and a small plate of nachos (because anything bigger would just be gross). Well, after that awesomely nutritious dinner I did not feel well - weird.

I woke up this morning with the sniffles. I blame crappy eating. I'm sure I was getting a cold anyway, but eating junk did not help.

So I made up for it ate breakfast. I made my first oats in a jar! I was beyond excited. I layered coconut, dried cherries, honey and some Nutella. I'm going to leave the Nutella out next time - too sweet.

It was so delicious! I brought it in the car with me to eat at work. It did not last long! I finished before I left the neighborhood!
coconut, steelcut oats, honey, cherries, nutella
inhaled!

Not sure what I'll mix in tomorrow, but I'm sure it will be yummy!

Now on to the workout for the week:

Monday: Day Off!!!! BUT, I had a swim to make up. So I swam 1200
Tuesday: Bike trainer 70 min
Wednesday: nothing yet
Thursday: Bike trainer 70 min
Friday: nothing yet
Saturday: 2.5 hours on the trainer! yikes!

Hopefully I'll be able to walk after this week!

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking for ways to make oatmeal more palatable - REALLY trying to enjoy it - and this looks delish! Agree that maybe the Nutella would be a little sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love adding soy nut butter to oatmeal - mashed bananas to make it sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try this! I love cut up banana, a scoop of peanut butter, a bit of honey and some cinnamon sprinkled on the top. YUMM!!!!

    ReplyDelete