Thursday, May 26, 2011

Does anyone Journal?

I just read a blog post from a team mate and friend: What is Mental Fitness? You should check her out....she's GREAT! I love her energy and she's totally infectious. Her standard "double thumbs up" always makes me feel stronger.

I'm in a rut right now. I want to run, bike, swim. For some reason I just am in a funk. I just don't want to do anything. Ugh. Why does this happen? As far as I can tell I'm ready for summer (I work in a public school), I'm slightly tired from work/family/new heat, and I haven't had a race since April. Last year I raced once a month. It kept me focused and kept me going.

I know everyone needs a break and a slow down - but that's not typically my style. I'm a "clip board", a list maker, a do-er. I get things done. I'm often of the mentality that no one can do it like I want them to, so I just do it. Ask my husband - he hates it. :) I'm getting better - but it's a struggle. Every.Day.

So, trying to figure out my motivation. I do have a 1/2 Marathon next Saturday. You'd think that would motivate me. Nope. It's my 5th one. I know I will finish. But I do have a goal. I want 2 hours flat. Not sure I have earned it for this one, but I'm going to push and follow my plan.

I'm going to start journaling. See if I can figure things out. Anyone else do this?