Thursday, May 26, 2011

Does anyone Journal?

I just read a blog post from a team mate and friend: What is Mental Fitness? You should check her out....she's GREAT! I love her energy and she's totally infectious. Her standard "double thumbs up" always makes me feel stronger.

I'm in a rut right now. I want to run, bike, swim. For some reason I just am in a funk. I just don't want to do anything. Ugh. Why does this happen? As far as I can tell I'm ready for summer (I work in a public school), I'm slightly tired from work/family/new heat, and I haven't had a race since April. Last year I raced once a month. It kept me focused and kept me going.

I know everyone needs a break and a slow down - but that's not typically my style. I'm a "clip board", a list maker, a do-er. I get things done. I'm often of the mentality that no one can do it like I want them to, so I just do it. Ask my husband - he hates it. :) I'm getting better - but it's a struggle. Every.Day.

So, trying to figure out my motivation. I do have a 1/2 Marathon next Saturday. You'd think that would motivate me. Nope. It's my 5th one. I know I will finish. But I do have a goal. I want 2 hours flat. Not sure I have earned it for this one, but I'm going to push and follow my plan.

I'm going to start journaling. See if I can figure things out. Anyone else do this?

2 comments:

  1. i have journaled in the past, needed to during my 20 and 30's due to major break up and the nyc single life and rat race ....i also did it after my 2 kids were born. have not been doing it now but love journals. i feel like i am in a funk as well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know I've journalized for years. I STRONGLY advise it! You can write anything and everything in them... even thoughts you never knew you had until they're right out there on paper! And once they're out there it's so easy to step back, and take in what's there.

    ReplyDelete