Sunday, March 22, 2015

5K - oh, you are serious?

The weekend started off with a bang! I got home from work mentally exhausted, but was met with a Tequilla shot (thanks Sam!) and a package from Afrobrutality! Syn sent 2 pounds of coffee (black cocaine yumminess), a new tank, and a banner for the home gym (Apt.3B).

Spicy!

Stepping up the garage gym!


Friday night was 15.4 and my mom and bro came to cheer me on. I did the scaled version (123 reps) of push press and cleans (65#/75#). The weight was not heavy for me, which meant I needed to move fast and keep moving. I was pretty proud of my effort and super happy to sport my new Afrobrutality tank.

15.4 fun at Crossfit Annandale


Saturday was an early morning of get up, get dressed, and go! The boys school was doing a Fun Run and they NEEDED to sign up. Last year we didn't do it - it was the same day as my son M's birthday party - and apparently it was social suicide not being there. Sorry dudes. This year I signed us up....somehow Sam managed to get out of it.

Numbers on and ready!

We had to do 4 laps around the school and through the neighborhood. Lots and lots of hills. Turns out that they were serious too - this was a real deal 5K. We jogged most of the first lap, then took the approach of jog the flat and walk the hills. The boys did great, but 3 miles was a lot for them. Today they are both walking around like old men....I might be a LITTLE sore too!

Finish line fun!
Saturday was a beautiful day and Perry loved sunbathing. Doors and windows were open, laundry and spring cleaning were in full force.

Spring!

Ribs for dinner!

Week 2 of meal planning went well. Eggs, pork, asparagus, sausage, fish, sweet potatoes, swiss cheese, Ostrim sticks (yum!). Sunday is prep day for the week so today I will make a list, hit up the grocery store, prep my food and watch Walking Dead (duh). 

Smoked Salmon for Sunday Breakfast

WORKOUTS:

Monday: 
Conditioning 
With a running clock, every minute perform 1 lift and add 10 lb.  Start with an empty barbell and snatch for as long as possible. Once you cannot snatch the weight, clean for as long as possible. Once you cannot clean the weight, deadlift for as long as possible. 
Power Snatch 103#
Power Clean 143#
Deadlift 273#

I loved this workout, but I felt it for a few days afterwards. I got to lift with my partner in crime too!

I love getting to lift with my girls

Tuesday:
Worked out at the home gym today to spend some extra time with the family. 
Strict Press: Sets
Strict Press, 5 reps | 45 lbs Strict Press, 5 reps | 45 lbs Strict Press, 4 reps | 55 lbs


Push Press: Sets Push Press, 5 reps | 45 lbs Push Press, 5 reps | 55 lbs Push Press, 5 reps | 65 lbs Push Press, 2 reps | 75 lbs Push Press, 2 reps | 85 lbs Push Press, 2 reps | 95 lbs Push Press, 1 rep | 105 lbs Push Press, 1 rep | 115 lbs Push Press, 1 rep | 125 lbs

Wednesday:
Sets Front Squat, 5 reps | 45 lbs Front Squat, 5 reps | 95 lbs Front Squat, 3 reps | 115 lbs Front Squat, 2 reps | 135 lbs Front Squat, 1 rep | 155 lbs

Fran - what a B. This was a going away WOD for friends, they picked it, I just tried to live through it
21-15-9 reps of: Thruster, 65 lbs Pull-ups
7:15 a PR by 2:03!!!!! Still need to get my pull-ups stronger, was only stringing 2-3 together consistently. PROGRESS!

Thursday: Rest

Friday:
15.4
8:00 AMRAP: 10 Push Press, 65 lbs 10 Cleans, 75 lbs
I tried to rest as little as possible. Completed 6 rounds plus 3 push presses for 123 reps. 

Saturday:
The dreaded 5K. No timer.....perhaps on purpose? :)

Sunday:
Rowing
Mobility
Workout general soreness and get ready to hit the weights Monday!







No comments:

Post a Comment