Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cancer Sucks!

My best friends brother (Sole Sister - Alyson), Nick, has been battling Neurblastoma Cancer for 5 years. Right now he's at Sloan Kettering in New York receiving treatment. It sucks. Cancer Sucks! He's 20 years old, that sucks too! He has chosen HOPE .....you just can't argue with that.

Alyson convinced me that the Marine Corp Marathon was within reach for us and "why don't we run for Nick?" How can you say "no" to that? I didn't. We are signed up. We will run it for Nick.

We started a website to accept donations that will go straight to a parent group that donates it all for research. Our race donation website is on my blog now. The parent website is www.bandofparents.org. Having 2 kids of my own it's hard to talk about small children having cancer, but that's life for so many. Too sad!

We have getting shirts made too! This is such a cool distraction from thinking about "MCM" constantly! I'll tell you, I'm pretty nervous. I know they whole run I will be thinking of Nic
k. No way I cannot finish. Nick is not quitting and I wont either! This is the logo we want for the shirt. Alyson drew it up. We want the background in white with black outlines and the runner to stay black. Anyone know how to get it into computer format? That's the last piece to our puzzle of getting this off the ground. Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment