Thursday, September 2, 2010

IT'S HERE IT'S HERE! ROAD TRIP!

It's here! Road trip time! Me and my Sole Sisters will be leaving Saturday AM to head to Va Beach for the 1/2 marathon. We are all going to spend the night at Alyson's house friday night.....so I better get packing! AH! What do I bring?

1. running shoes (terrified I will forget these)
2. super cute running outfit
3. Cute sundress for afterwards with comfy shoes
4. fuel belt

5. Performance
6. Gu
7. wallet (don't want to forget that!)
8. socks


Am I forgetting things? Probably!


I guess this is what it will look like out there at some point in the race. I'm so excited to run with so many spectators! The hurricane forecast is saying High 80's for race day with "abundant sunshine" - sounds cheery, but I could do without the word "abundant". I'm excited to do the race report, really hoping that it's a happy one.

The Plan:

Plan A: PR or 2 hours flat

Plan B: PR of less than 2:11:54

Plan C: Have a great time and just finish the thing!

7 comments:

  1. Have a great time!!!! Hopefully the weather cooperates!

    WOOHOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great race! Good luck on a major PR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an "abundantly" wonderful time!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish u lots of luck. cant wait to read all about.
    dont forget: have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that list needs help! dont forget sunscreen, your garmin, sports bra, and anti chafe! and maybe a life jacket depending on the storm surge:) and a wagon, so after you make your PR, you can come back and get me.
    can't wait to see you down there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a GREAT time!!! You forgot Body Glide. Gotta have that on long runners!!! I'm doing the Rock n Roll Half in Los Angeles next month. I'm excited and very nervous. It was supposed to be my first Half, but my husband registered me for a Half on a naval base this month. Yikes! I'm sticking with your Plan C goal. Just have fun and finish the thing!

    ReplyDelete