Thursday, September 30, 2010

Wait? that's THIS sunday? my 1st sprint tri is here!

It's here! My first Sprint Tri is here! I'm excited, nervous, anxious, scared.......but super pumped to get it going! My husband and his best friend are doing it too, it's their 2nd. I want to beat them SO bad! I have to be careful as the marathon is at the end of Oct, can't be injuired for that.

We've had rain like CRAZY here lately. I had to do a dreadmill run yesterday. It was BORING! Took everything for me to run 4 miles - was supposed to do 6. Oh well, I can't dwell on 2 less than what I'm supposed to do.

Back to the Tri. It's supposed to be super flat and a heated lake. Pretty fancy. I am so excited! I've talked alot of smack to my husband :) hopefully that doesn't back fire.

Any tips to help me kick some butt?


7 comments:

  1. Have a great time! And smile when you give that final dose of butt kicking! ;)
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting....a heated lake ? not sure i have ever heard of this.

    do your goggles get foggy, i use solution of baby shampoo and water and wash them out the night before and it works great.

    don't slow down when you feel tired, push through it ..good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO!! Best wishes for an amazing race! Beat the snot out of those boys :)
    I just did my first sprint tri this weekend and I had SO MUCH FUN> Im hooked for life! Just try to enjoy the experience as much as possible. Race #2 is when you worry about time :P
    Ummmm how do you heat a lake btw:??
    Looking forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, have fun and kick some booty!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I don't Tri (last time was about 20 years ago before it was a big thing - ha) but I do race a ton and I just say: Have a great time and totally enjoy yourself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um....heated lake.....done through a power plant :) hopefully i don't gain an arm or leg :) Thanks guys for all the support and tips!

    ReplyDelete