Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Va Beach Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon report

Here we are. The Sole Sisters! We left Fairfax, VA at 6am on Saturday after a slumber party. We had some wine, I gave some goody bags, and we ate flourless chocolate cake. YUM! We hit the road and never looked back. There was no traffic. The weather was GORGEOUS (take that Earl!)We got to Va Beach and went straight to the convention center, got out race packets/t-shirts, and headed to the hotel. We stayed at the Cavalier and had the best ocean view!

There were tons of dolphins out playing and lots of cute surfers too! Red flags were up so we went and laid out on the beach and just took it all in. The weather was perfect, nice breeze and not too hot. Can't ask for much more than that.

We decided on seafood for dinner. We carbed up the night before, but we all agreed a beer or two wouldn't hurt.


We got back to the hotel, set alarms and requested our wake up call and drifted off to sleep.

My race outfit was all brand new - never been worn. I was SOOOOO excited!
I did get a little chaffing from the tank top seams - but it's almost gone already. I did see one other woman in the same skirt....but that's ok. We did decide after seeing all the people in teams and groups dressed the same that next time we will wear matching outfits. They just looked so good!

We all finished in 2:22:00 or less! I was the only veteran 1/2 marathon runner. It was SO fun to have my best friends do so well and LOVE it! We have already decided on the next group 1/2.....Nashville County 1/2 Marathon. I'm so excited. It's in April...not too far away!

The medals were great. We got popcicless at the end (love it!) and of course our bee
r. I really like that part. Sitting on the beach drinking a beer after running hard for over 2 hours, always feels nice.

TOTALLY FORGOT TO PUT MY TIME! 2:19:28


5 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! Sounds like a really fun time. Those medals are great and I love your super cute skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the CMM 1/2 last April, and it was FANTASTIC! I'll definitely be back next April!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when you run MCM, *don't* wear new clothes, no matter how cute they are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! And that skirt is too cute! I haven't quite gotten brave enough to try a skirt (I won't even race in shorts for fear of chaffing), but I really want to break the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That race looks like so much fun - and I love a popsicle after crossing a finish line. Glad you all had a great time!!
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete