Monday, September 20, 2010

Nervous Tummy.....

I'm getting closer and closer to that marathon. The first one. The scary one. The crazy one. The pressure is on - mostly from myself. I'm terrified I wont finish. A giant blister will sideline me, some body part will fall off.....you know, the usual.

I have my longest run ever this weekend. I'm supposed to do 18. I'm terrified. I get nervous tummy (aka. nervous poo) just thinking about it. What if I can't do it? Does that mean that I can't run the marathon? I've never been so unsure of anything!

I want to try compression socks. I want to get new shoes. I want to survive this. AHHH!!! My husband is being so supportive. It almost makes it worse. He is so confident in me, I need to get some of that!

So, what about your first? Were you scared shitless? That would actually be great if that happened...no porta potty stops :) How did you get over it? Just do that runs and get it done? I guess I just need some words of wisdom from people that have done it. I'm pretty sure I must have felt this way with my 1st half marathon.........