Monday, September 13, 2010

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!


There it is folks......my official Marine Corp Marathon - you are crazy - transfer form. Yeah! Thanks to the woman that transferred it to me. She's injured - sucks - and I'm into pain apparently......great combo!

I've taken a few days off of running to get my foot pain under control. Stupid non-supportive work shoes! It's better everyday, but still alittle sore. I've been doing Cross Fit, core work, and biking. That should help. I really lacked the strength for the last 1/2 marathon.


My Sole Sister, Alyson, and I are creating a website and shirts to wear/sell during our race. Her brother has been battling Neuroblastoma for 5 years and her mom helped start Band of Parents for support. We are going to raise money for Neuroblastoma cancer research and hopefully sell a bunch of shirts for our fans
and supporters. How cool would it be to see people at the finish line wearing the same shirts as us? I'm pretty sure I will need a wagon/wheel chair to get to the car though.

My sister started to work on a logo for the shirt and website, so hopefully we'll have something up soon!


5 comments:

  1. Woohoo for MCM!

    And I can't think of a better cause to support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Congrats to you for officially signing (or transferring!) up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting into the MCM! I have a friend that will be there as well. On the NB side - I can't wait to see the shirts. My best friend lost her 2 YO daughter to NB 6 months ago and I am always ready to help raise money for the families and for a CURE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aweomse on transferring in! That's totally amazing! I found you via distance dreamers and wanted to stop by and wish you luck! Looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the entry! Hope the foot feels better. I loved running the MCM, such an awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete