Monday, October 18, 2010

Just another manic monday........

Weekend was great. We had 4 parties in 2 days! Saturday was a baby shower that we brought the boys to. We weren't sure how that was going to work out, but we got there and they had hired a babysitter to watch all the kids! It. was. awesome. After that we went to a Korean friends 1st bday, which has some customs and beautiful clothes associated with it. Sunday we went to church, our neighbors 6th bday, took naps, then went to another 1st bday. The boys were great all weekend!

I am finally starting to feel better (other than all the wine I drank last night). 2 weeks until my first marathon! It hasn't really sunk in yet. We did plan to have a girl sleepover the night before. I'm taking off of work the friday before to get my packet, hang out at the Expo, and really take it all in.

Sam (husband) is starting his Olympic TRI training today. He's hitting the pool after he drops the boys at daycare and before he goes to the office. I'm slightly jealous. I feel like I've been running forever. I did get a bike ride in yesterday. It was great - and FREEZING!

The boys have soccer today at 3:30 and I need to get a couple miles in. Nothing big, since I'm in taper mode. Tapering is weird. I feel like a slacker or like I'm cheating. It's nice to have some extra time on my hands though.

There is a new blog I'm obsessed with. www.katheats.com. I LOVE it. I had one of her recipes this am. Pumpkin Smoothie. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I used a couple of her recipes and they haven't disapointed yet.

PS. I'm SLIGHTLY obsessed with tri's right now! We are going to a tri happy hour wednesday and look at the loot I picked up at Amazon!

2 comments:

  1. I also suggest

    Humourous reading:
    Slow Fat Triathlete by Jayne Williams
    Trizophrenia by Jeff Mallet

    and a good resource book
    Going Long by Gordo Byrn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becoming an Ironman is one of the greatest books ever!! Also own 17 Hours to Glory, Going Long and loved Slow Fat Triathlete. Apparently now I have to check out Trizophrenia, thanks BDD! :-)
    Make sure you watch the movie Spirit of the Marathon, too!

    ReplyDelete