Thursday, October 7, 2010

Where did you start? Where are you now?

This has been one of those weeks where I've needed to remind myself how far I have come. Not sure why that happens....but it does. So here it is:

Started running: April 2009
First Race: 5K

Last race I did: 1/2 Marathon and a Sprint Triathlon

Where did you start? How long have you been writing down miles, buying new shoes, growing your t-shirt collection? Where are you now?

I have a few more bibs to add to the wall - but I do love to look at how hard I have worked and how far I have come. Good reminder for those days when even 3 miles seems like torture!


5 comments:

  1. Good idea. It is nice to remember where we came from sometimes. I started running six minutes at a time. Then I upped it to eight...and so one.
    I ran 5.5 miles this morning training for my eigth tri of the season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couch 2 5 k has this as its very first workout:

    ''Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.''

    Thats where I started last year.

    Now running my 3rd half marathon in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for your race bibs! And you have a lot of them for just starting in April '09!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bib wall! Right now mine are sadly in a nice box with other random race things. Your way is much cooler!

    ReplyDelete