Friday, October 22, 2010

Then and Now



















The before picture is from after having baby #2 (April 2008). I gained ALOT of weight. I was pretty miserable (notice the horrible grey outfit and lack of smile). The after picture is from about a month ago (Notice RLAM shirt, huge smile, and race bibs in the background).

Recently I was having some weight issues that are steadily getting better (down 9ish pounds in about a month!). Who gains weight training for a marathon? I do. It sucked. BUT looking at these pics side by side makes me proud. Seeing all I've accomplished makes me happy. Not living in sweatpants makes me jump for joy.

This week was week 2 of my taper for MCM. Week one was painful. Lots of self-doubt and a cold. This week? AWESOME! I followed the plan TO THE LETTER. 20 min run = 20 min run. 3 mile run - i did not take one step over 3 miles. It's nice to have some extra time on my hands and not feel stressed or rushed to get runs and workouts in. I have really enjoyed the process of training for this marathon, really didn't know what was going to happen.

The plan is to get my packet next Friday and meet up with some friends. I'm praying that Skirt Sports does not run out of camo skirts - I MUST WEAR ONE! We are going out for dinner that night. Saturday night, night before the race, I will slumberparty with Alyson (BF) and maybe others that are running. We are having shirts made - gotta call on those today - and I have a shirt for after all picked out! I haven't even tried it on yet, don't want to jinx it.

Last long run is this weekend. A measly 8 miles. That's like a sneeze compared to the numbers we've been putting in lately. I never thought I would look forward to an 8 mile run. I'm pretty sure I have issues, maybe even a sickness. I love it though. Running makes me so happy and I'm a sucker for a goody bag and bling.

My husband and I went to a HH with a Tri team on wed. Lots of fun, great group of people. I might do a training run with them on Sunday (lots of them doing MCM). I'm on the hunt for my next race, pretty sure I'll do the Jingle All the Way 10k and then in my sites? A TRI. WAHOOOOOOOOOO!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss, and I love the race bling door, that is cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Ann on the weight loss. That is awesome!!! I know what a struggle it is. You look so happy and that's what matters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not living in sweat pants is truly a wonderful feeling - congrats on taking care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound very prepared! I hope you get your camo skirt, and I think I'm going to be on vacation when the race is here, so I'll wish you lucky and a happy race now!

    Good luck! Have a happy race!... and kick some ass! ;)
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete