Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Tick Tock - 4 days till MCM!



Our race shirts came in! They are awesome - I can't say enough about them....brought a tear to my eye. We had the kids model them - very cute.

Now the drama. So, I picked up the shirts. 4 shirts for marathon runners, 1 10k race shirt, 5 kids shirts, and 1 shirt for my mom (super supporter!). I got home, unpacked the box, and started to put them in piles of where they belong. I quickly realized I was 1 marathon race shirt short! I went out to the car - it must have fallen out. Nope. Not there. I went to my room, opened up my t-shirt drawer and my race shirt was still in there! I NEVER BROUGHT IT TO THE SHOP! I instantly wanted to pass out and throw up at the same time. I called the shop and explained that I'm an idiot. They told me to bring my shirt over ASAP and they would handle it. Whew! Crisis averted!

We will all have race shirts (even my husband wants one now!). I'm going to make tie dye shirts for my kids to wear under them - they are obsessed. It's pouring rain today, but the forecast for Sunday is nice, 62 degrees and sunny. Gotta love it!

I'm supposed to have my first track workout with Team Fexy tonight. Not sure how that's going to work with all this rain. Yuck! I'm hoping it clears out and dries up. I have a babysitter and everything! I can't let that go to waste.

5 comments:

  1. The shirts are great!

    Have a great race! I'll be away for a while, but I will be looking forward to reading your race report as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw your comment on abbi's blog and just wanted to say good luck!!! enjoy every minute of the experience and don't worry a lick about the clock, marathon number 1 is just about proving to yourself how amazing you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Glad you were able to get yours straightened out, whew. Enjoy every moment this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete