Thursday, February 14, 2013

We are never ever ever getting back together....

This might be the first Valentine's day I haven't had sugar. I thought it would hurt - but nope....no tears, no broken hearts, nothing. I feel nothing. Sugar no longer has the hold on me that it used to.

Oh, those were the days. Praying my jeans would fit, getting slurpees from 7-11 and eating my weight in swedish fish.




I mean, who doesn't love that cute little fish? I used to have a real problem with them. Those little bags did nothing for me. I needed the HUGE 1 pound bag - all to myself. I don't share well so I would buy multiple bags in case someone wanted some. You can't have mine, you can have your own.

I've been sugar free (other than a piece of fruit here or there) for 39 days. Wow. I never thought I could do it. I thought for sure I'd cheat, have cravings, cheat..........I've been tested a few times: cupcake party, work events, Super Bowl, cookie decorating at school, Valentine's day. Not one taste. Sam and I actually got a sugar free frozen yogurt one day to split and after one bite that was enough. It just didn't taste good.

After the Paleo Challenge people have asked "what are you going to do?" or "How will you eat?". I think we are going to take a relaxed Paleo route. We are really liking the clean sugar free road and we are seeing big results.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment