Friday, February 1, 2013

That was hard - now for Crossfit Open Games!



 Tuesday night the WOD at CFA almost killed me. Physically it was hard. Mentally it was harder. We had 4 rounds for time:

 400 meter run (2 min time cut)
25 kettle bell swings
Double unders

For the double unders you had to be able to do ten consecutive. I cannot. So I did 25 single unders with 5 tuck jumps. Physically I hated the sprint. 400 meters is no joke, then to do the other stuff? I only made it in the 2 minutes for the first two. The worst part? I was short by three seconds the other two times. The absolute worst part? If you don't make the run time, nothing else counts.......but in true crossfit style you still do the workout. No reps counting. Boo. To work that hard was tough. At one point I wanted to cry because I couldn't make the time. But, I kept going and was glad I did.

What's the best thing to do after a hard workout? Sign up for the Crossfit Open Games of course! I did. I was sweating as I pushed the submit button. I'm really excited about it and can't wait to see what it's all about. I know it's 5 weeks with a specific WOD each week. You record your time online, your coach verifies it, then you are ranked among your peers. I'm curious to see where I rank - I'm not going home with the Gold, but that's not what it's about. 

 I know a lot of people have asked for recipes. Sam does not use recipes, but I'm going to try and see what I can do. We worked last night writing some of them down - hopefully they will be coming soon. Monday will be day 30 on the Paleo Challenge.  30 more days to go - so there will be tons of delicious recipes!

He did make Paleo mayonnaise and salsa Verde. yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment