Monday, August 9, 2010

27 days till I Rock N Roll!


I still haven't decided if 27 days until the Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon is exciting or terrifying.......

My mileage is getting closer to being back on track. I've been off - kinda since the start :) - but really the last 2 weeks with my hip injury. Then, I wiped out on my bike and badly bruised my right shin, so that hurts too.

Friday: Ran 6 miles on the dreadmill at a 10:20 pace. Felt great. Stopped to stretch out my hip one time, but really left feeling like I had a great run. That night I fell off my bike - stupid clip in pedals!

Saturday: Took the day off to make sure 6 miles didn't kill my hip and also recover from the ever embarrassing bike fall.

Sunday: Went to the dreadmill again determined to do 7-8 miles, no big deal.....Well, mentally I was all for it. Physically I was just tired and sore. My physical beat up my mental and I struggled to get in just 4.5 miles! Ugh! I hate days like that. I know they happen. I know I need them to remind myself how hard I've worked, how far I've come....blah, blah, blah. I left the gym feeling slightly embarrased of my 4.5, like anyone else knew or cared!

So my weekly total was only 16.9 miles and I needed to be at 25. The Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon is 27 days away!!!!!!!!!! I'm slightly panicked. I want to get 2:00:00, my PR is 2:11:15. I know 27 days can be a long time, but my hip is making me nervous too. It feels great, much better every day, but still not 100%.

Here's what my plan is for this week:
mon: off/cross train - i'm coming for you clip in pedals!
tues: 3 miles (10:24 pace)
wed: interval training with Reston Runners at South Lakes Track
thur: 6 miles (4 at a 8:54 pace)
fri: 3 miles (10:24 pace)
sat: cross train
sun: 11 miles (10:24 pace)

I know that I may need to take the long run down a few miles, but everything is totally do-able. Here's to getting my physical and mental back on track!

9 comments:

  1. Hope you are recovered from your fall and also hope your hip is feeling better. Mine starting aching a little bit during the last part of my run at Burke Lake, I'm curious what exercises your coach offered? It's a new week! Good luck with your training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather - she has me doing a one leg squat. You stand on your right foot and try and squat to touch the ground 10 times. then do the left foot. i've actually feeling improvement from it!I was told the uneven terrain of burke lake is not so good on our legs and hips....but it's SOOO shady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the runs this week! Hope your hip behaves itself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!! I'm sure your next run will be great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips Ann. It is shady there and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to be fine for your half marathon! Just try to get one 10 mile run in once a week along with your shorter runs. You have four weeks...you can do this:)

    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You CAN do it, it's all perception!! Get in a couple really strong weeks of running and core then hit a modified taper week with slightly reduced mileage then hit the last week with a strong taper and wham, you'll crank out that sub-2 for sure!! Keep focused and remain strong!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope the hips feels better soon. I know its harder said than done but try not to focus too much on it. You can always reset your goal too. My friend always sets 3 goals, an A, B and C goal. For example, a C goal would be to run a 2:15, B Goal is 2:05 and A is 1:55.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read your dirt That is an awesome story. Way to go for transforming yourself.

    ReplyDelete