Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can

Since I started running in 2009 I've earned race bibs for 5K's to 1/2 Marathon's and everything in between......what am I missing? THE FULL MARATHON! I want it so bad. It scares the crap out of me......but I well up with tears just at the thought of crossing that finish line. I even discovered the perfect accessory thanks to Thirty Schmirty's blog giveaway! The 26.2 sweaty band....too cute!

Ok, but realistically what I'm training for right now is the Rock n Roll 1/2 marathon. I have 2 1/2 weeks left. I'm ready. Mentally I'm ready, physically I'm ready. I've been on plan. I feel healthy and I'm going to spend a weekend at the beach with 4 girlfriends that I LOVE for this race. I am a tiny bit sad because it's my first race without hubby, but it would be crazy for him and the boys to sit around the beach with that many people and just wait.

So, I've decided that my next huge race needs to be local. Luck has it that my first 1/2 marathon also has a FULL. Washington DC Suntrust marathon. I'll be there. I might even register (then throw up) as soon as that direct deposit hits at the end of the month. I know I can do it because I want it. It will be hard work, I will need to be smart and careful.

I can do this! Right? :)


10 comments:

  1. Of course you can do it!! And get the 26.2 Sweaty Band - it's my favorite one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you can definitely do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can totally do this! No worries...you got this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! Congrats in advance...I am currently approaching the anniversary of my first 10K. I am going to run the same race again this year, hoping for a PR, and then have my first 10K on tap in September. Moms like you inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you can! Be like Nike and Just Do It!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO do this!!!

    Thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, if a fat, old, and slow guy like me can manage to pull off a 50k after barely finishing a half marathon, you can most certainly train for and crush a marathon. Make a plan, register, and train. The rest will come easily.

    ReplyDelete