Saturday, August 21, 2010

I broke up with my scale

What a couple of days I've had! We had someone come over to the house yesterday at 7am to do a physical (urine and blood work) for life insurance. No big deal. Until he had me step on the scale. I practically begged to jump on it. I walked up really proud and stepped on the scale. See, I'm at an all time low - 147.8! That's the lowest weight I've been in years. My confidence has been at an all time high - I even walk a little taller.

Then he said "163 pounds". I instantly dry heaved. I said "what?" and he said it AGAIN.........Here's what happened. For some reason my scale is broken. It has been steadily telling me I weigh less and less and less - all while laughing at me. I even went to the Dr's office. Their scale screamed "163.8"

My confidence walls have never crumbled so fast. I somehow waited until that man left and I melted. I haven't cried that hard, for that long, in a LONG time (promise). My husband did not know what to do. He felt horrible. I thought I had broken through the 150 plateau, I thought I was in the 140s.....but I'm really 15 pounds heavier and at an all time high for this year!

My run yesterday was awful, I had a horrible headache from crying.

Plus side: I did not binge eat, I did not give up, I signed up for a free weight loss class at the gym, my husband bought me a Garmin Forerunner so I can "continue to tackle my goals", and my 3 year old said "I will never call you fat cause your my mommy". I love them!

My strategy? Get over feeling embarrassed, tricked, and disgusting. I am going to do weight watchers again. I am committing to health, weight loss, and building my confidence back up.

8 comments:

  1. What a dirty trick!!!!!!

    I hope you bashed those scales into a million pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that just sucks! Good for you for having such a great attitude and getting on with business!! Best of luck reaching your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupid scale!!!

    It sounds like you have a good strategy and a very supportive family! Tomorrow is a brand new day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As someone who has lost almost 100lbs I feel ya with that whole scale affair...it can really ruin your day!!
    but scales suck...don't get too obsessed with it.
    Remember the scale is a tool, like a compass, it tells you which direction your heading.
    Let things like how your clothes fit, the way you feel, your energy/fitness level and your measurements also be guides.
    You can bust thru that 150 mark! Keep the eats clean and keep rocking those workouts :P Enjoy the Garmin

    ReplyDelete
  5. UGH! That sucks. But kudos for your great attitude and recommitting yourself to your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how horrible! Breaking up with it is probably the right thing to do. I periodically break up with mine. We sometimes need that healthy bit of time apart... for fear that I will throw away all food in my house or just beat up the stupid scale and then have to clean up a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no! that sucks!!! i hate scales!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're scale just sucks. Get a new one who won't lie to you, and keep remembering that YOU are my inspiration! Not a number that shows up when you step on a scale... YOU, and the actions you take in life!

    ReplyDelete