Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back to the real world

Got back from the beach at 1am today.....I miss it! We went with my best friend and her family (the boys are mine, the girls are hers). 4 days of fun, sun, drinks, friends......all kids were awesome! They LOVED the beach.

We went on one run - 4.6 miles - very nice and relaxing. We went out at 8am, the same time the rock n roll 1/2 marathon will be. We decided we are crossing our fingers for an overcast day. :)

Now I'm back in the real world - no beach. I'm so glad we went, I wish we could move there though.
My injuries are coming and going. My hip is stiff, I stretch and it's better. My shins are tired - feel slightly bruised. I'm feeling good. I'm ready. A big part of me is also looking forward to being done with training for a little while. My next race is a sprint tri - so I can focus on swim and bike. I don't need to stress about time, distances - and I can heal. Is that weird? I love training and running.....but this time around I'm really looking forward to a break.

I put a picture of the husbands....hopefully no one is too modest. :) These are the guys that make it possible for us to do our thing (mom and run). Thanks dads! and of course the cute kids make it even more worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I found your blog today, and am now a follower! I love the picture of the husbands and kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A day at the beach sounds like so much fun! I love the pictures:) Good luck with your training...you are ready for your sprint tri! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete