Wednesday, August 11, 2010

3 days down.....4 to go

Three days in still on track! Wahoo! I had my track workout tonight with Reston Runners and it was a hot one. I was crossing my fingers for some thunderstorms to roll in and cancel the workout, not because I don't want to run but for clear safety issues. :)

The workout:

4-8 X800 - lead one, draft one, rest one (groups of three)

So I got my warm up started and was instantly pissed! What! Running shorts!? NOOOOOO! I can't run in this humidity without spandex! The chub rub was instantly gross and awful. I thought I was going to have to quit....until I remembered......my Chamois Butt'r. Thank God! I went to my bag, slathered it on, and got back to work. I completed my warm up and the workout without any more issues. Whew!

On another note – I ran right up to a super fit Team Fexy (tri club) member as she was doing her cool down. I asked her all kinds of questions about tri tops, what she’s training for, what she wears…you know – the important stuff. This is so out of my comfort zone. I NEVER just go up to strangers. I have found that the running community is just so nice and helpful! She was so nice, I’m resisting the urge to facebook stalk her now!


I drank my Performance toweled off and headed home to relieve the babysitter. I stopped at the grocery store (really crossing things off my list!) and came home to boys that thought bedtime was optional. Got them to bed, inhaled an avocado –yum!


I am feeling so accomplished following my plan so well! I know I’m only 3 days in, but I’m getting it done this week! I don’t have much of a choice. I cannot fall on my face during the Rock n Roll ½.

Tri note – anyone have a favorite sports bra that comes in dark colors? I’m thinking this will be my tri top for my first sprint in oct.