Wednesday, August 11, 2010

3 days down.....4 to go

Three days in still on track! Wahoo! I had my track workout tonight with Reston Runners and it was a hot one. I was crossing my fingers for some thunderstorms to roll in and cancel the workout, not because I don't want to run but for clear safety issues. :)

The workout:

4-8 X800 - lead one, draft one, rest one (groups of three)

So I got my warm up started and was instantly pissed! What! Running shorts!? NOOOOOO! I can't run in this humidity without spandex! The chub rub was instantly gross and awful. I thought I was going to have to quit....until I remembered......my Chamois Butt'r. Thank God! I went to my bag, slathered it on, and got back to work. I completed my warm up and the workout without any more issues. Whew!

On another note – I ran right up to a super fit Team Fexy (tri club) member as she was doing her cool down. I asked her all kinds of questions about tri tops, what she’s training for, what she wears…you know – the important stuff. This is so out of my comfort zone. I NEVER just go up to strangers. I have found that the running community is just so nice and helpful! She was so nice, I’m resisting the urge to facebook stalk her now!


I drank my Performance toweled off and headed home to relieve the babysitter. I stopped at the grocery store (really crossing things off my list!) and came home to boys that thought bedtime was optional. Got them to bed, inhaled an avocado –yum!


I am feeling so accomplished following my plan so well! I know I’m only 3 days in, but I’m getting it done this week! I don’t have much of a choice. I cannot fall on my face during the Rock n Roll ½.

Tri note – anyone have a favorite sports bra that comes in dark colors? I’m thinking this will be my tri top for my first sprint in oct.

5 comments:

  1. It's sooooo hard not to FB stalk people! Good for you, resisting. You're a better woman than I am. Resourceful, too - I love me my Chamois Butt'r, but wouldn't have thought of it on a run. :-)

    *btw, new follower, nice to meet you!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fellow 'Distance Dreamer' trying to check out the blogs of the fellow group members. Nice job with the track workout. Did my first ever track training workout Tuesday night and the 800s really put a beating on me. The speed work definitely breaks the monotony of the distance workouts.
    Good luck with the training!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on getting the track workout in!

    I may have to try that someday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't help you with sports bras since I'm a guy, but can you help me with the Chamois Butter? I usually use Body Glide but I'm looking for other alternatives. I've used the Mission brand anti-friction lotion and it works okay. Are there any pros or cons to the Chamois Butter? How does it compare to other chub-rub preventions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. TK42ONE - I have used body glide and Chamois butter....I like the Chamois butter alot becuase I like that it goes on white and rubs in like a lotion so I don't miss any spots. I feel like it's SUPER waterproof. My husband uses it too and really likes it. I initially bought it because that's all the store had - I lucked out with it being great!

    ReplyDelete