Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thankful Thursday..........

Saw this post title on The Happy Runner and LOVED it! So, I stole it for today's entry. Let's see, what am I thankful for in the running world? Tons!

1. I got a babysitter last night for my track workout (wahoo!) and the boys LOVE her!

2. I got to go to the track workout and participated without too much pain in my hip. I asked our interval coach (Cindy, the best!) about my hip. She diagnosed me with a "weak hip" and gave me some stretches and strengthening exercise. That made me feel a lot better.







3. The storm held off last night until after the workout - once I got the whistle drill started I did not want to quit. AND we got popcicles (maybe that should have been it's own "thankful"
?)













4. It's beautiful out today and I will try for my longest bike ride yet, ice my hip, do some strengthening


5. My new Runner's magazine came in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE magazine day!

I'm sore today after the track workout, but I'm not panicking anymore after Coach Cindy told me that it's a weak muscle and strained. Having a pro tell me I will heal and I'll be ok (my career is not over!) has taken a huge weight off of me.

My family is all doing great! Sammy is on a hunger strike (no dinner last night), being 3 must be so tough! :) When offered his dinner he informed my husband "I did not order this". Hard to not crack a smile and stay irritated when he's pretty funny.

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

  1. :) I am thankful I own a treadmill. As much as I *hate* them, they are nice to have around on rainy days like today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee for getting a baby sitter and getting out to track! I have weak hips too, don't be sad! I've been doing a ton of strengthening exercises so things are much better, keep at it!

    ReplyDelete