Monday, August 30, 2010

Tick Tock.....

Well, it's the week of the 1/2 marathon. I've been training, thinking, and talking about it FOREVER! It's finally here. I'm ready, I think. :) I'm going to do a short run and some biking this week. I really want to be rested for it. I'm going for a PR (2 hours flat!) We are going to go down Saturday am - 4am! - and staying until late Sunday night or Monday morning. No kids, no husbands....just the girls!


This is our 1st training run together. Wow, a long time ago! We've really been getting our act together for this one! Jess is missing from the pic, but she has been working her butt off - often on her own! I'm not a huge fan of how I look in the pic, but what can you do? :)

So, what do we eat the night before the race? Any advice?

What is your "must have" for a big race?

The countdown is on! Here we come Rock n Roll!

3 comments:

  1. Soooo exciting, mine is just under two weeks and I'm excited.

    I'm not sure what to eat the night before, but I'm told pasta is a good thing for TWO nights before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE race week!! I feel like I dedicate my entire week to mentally getting myself pumped and trying to hydrate. Some day I actually WILL be hydrated enough for a race, I hope! Good luck, can't wait to read the report and see some fun race pictures!

    When you aren't busy getting prepped, swing on over to my blog, I just gave you an award! :-)
    ~RR

    ReplyDelete