Friday, April 24, 2015

FRIDAY!!!

My Week
This week has been crazy busy and crazy long. I'm right back into my training, hanging with the family, and enjoying the sunshine. Two months of school left until summer time (YIPPEE) and we have tons of fun trips planned......so we are starting the planning.


My Food
Food is going well. Meat. Veggies. This week I didn't get enough veggies in, but that's a quick fix of "add more veggies". Duh. I successfully avoided the donuts in the teachers lounge. Victory!

Workouts: Here is my whole week


Monday
Strength
Thrusters 5x5 @80%
105#
*got soooooo heavy.....I hear thrusters are "good" for you :)

Conditioning (I started with 125# and striped to 105#)
50 Double-unders
5 Hang Power Cleans (125)
5 Front Squats (125)
5 Shoulder to Overhead (125)
50 Double-unders 
4 Hang Power Cleans (125)
4 Front Squats (125)
4 Shoulder to Overhead (125)
50 Double-unders 
3 Hang Power Cleans (125)
3 Front Squats (125)
3 Shoulder to Overhead (125)

**** 8 minute cap; record total number of reps if you do not complete in under 8mins
*I've done this workout. There was no time cap the first time and I did it RX. Not today my friend, not today. I did the first 5 cleans and 3 front squats at 125# and then had to strip it. I don't mind stripping the weight, but i let it get in my head. This workout took me too long and I did not have fun with it. I'm working on that.

Tuesday
Skill/Strength
Deadlift
5x5 @80%
233# for the deadlift.......saw so many stars. I do love deadlift.

Conditioning
6 rounds
AMRAP 90 sec
3 HSPUs
5 Box Jumps (24/20)
rest 30 sec
*each round is 90sec + 30 sec rest; total of 2mins per round
*My first time doing HSPU's in a wod and not feeling like a dork! I am getting stronger and learning to push push push!



Wednesday: Hero WOD


U.S. Army First Lieutenant Jonathan P. Walsh, 28, of Cobb, Georgia, assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 504th Infantry, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, based in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, died on April 22, 2012, in Paktia, Afghanistan, when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device. He is survived by his wife Debbra, son Austin, parents Carolyn and Paul, and brother Christopher.

1LT Walsh_th.jpg







4 rounds
22 burpee pull-ups
22 back squats (135)*
200m Run with plate overhead (25)
*barbell starts on the ground 

* This workout got my head right again. My favorite kind, super heavy with pull ups. There was a time cut off of 45:00 and I made it into the 4th round! I was very happy with that. 3 + 16 reps. Wahoo!


Thursday
Skill/Strength
Push Press
5x5 @80%

95#





Time
5 rounds for time:
400m Run
Overhead Squats, 15 reps (65#)
*16:55. That's a PR folks. I need to be faster. Bleh. Running. Can't I just lift?

 

Friday
Off. I earned it!

Have a great Friday folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment