Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Day in the Life of......me on a Tuesday

sammy making pizza
Believe it or not - some people have asked "How do you do it?" I don't always have an answer other than "I just do." I work full time as a speech therapist for the school district (moderate to severe disabilities), I have a 4 year old and an almost 3 year old, and Sam. He counts as one of the kids I think (sorry Sam).

Mason, my monkey boy
We don't have a maid - probably can tell if you've been to the house. For the most part I do the cleaning, although I'm teaching Sammy to be an awesome duster, and the laundry (hate it!), and organizing (love that part). Sam and I share grocery shopping. Cooking? That is Sam's department.

I'm very lucky that he loves to cook and used to do it for a living - so he's pretty stinkin good at it.

Daycare used to be such a great help, but due to some safety issues (long story short) we had to pull them out of there. Ugh. What a sad day that was. Alot of crying. So, now we rely on family to watch the boys when we work. This has made working out creative - but not impossible. When you want to do it, it gets done!



So here is what Tuesday looked like for me yesterday:

6am: Wake up! Get ready for work, make breakfast for me, make my lunch, kiss everyone good bye.

7am: Out the door and headed to work

3pm: Leave work (wahoo!) and head home. Sam was with the boys and Mason was napping. I cleaned up the kitchen, changed clothes, put some toys away

4pm: 5 mile run around the neighborhood

5:30pm: Dinner at the in-laws. Steamed salmon veggies. Some wine....YUM!

8pm: Put boys to bed. Sam and I CRASHED (normally we bike Tuesday nights on the trainer)

So that was my Tuesday. Here's what a typical week looks like:

Sam and his bike/love
Monday: Off
Tuesday: Run and Bike
Wednesday: Run
Thursday: Bike
Friday: Run
Saturday: Bike and swim
Sunday: Long run.................. then do it all again

I am hoping as the weather gets nicer I can do my runs in the morning before work. It would be nice to have one thing checked off the list.


I love my life. I love my family. All this exercise keeps me sane and sometimes it's a little nutty - but it works because I want it to. It works because Sam is the best husband/BFF ever. He supports it all and joins me for some too.

No comments:

Post a Comment