Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Loves of the week

Sometimes I stumble across new things and I just LOVE them. I can't stop thinking about them, reading their website, liking them on facebook.....you know - basically stalking. Well, here's my 4 for the week:

1. Tough Chik. I'm not sure where they have been all my life, but I just discovered them. I heart them. Alot. For so many reasons. I love their clothes. They have t-shirts, cycling jersey's, cycling shorts, sweatshirts, hats, performance wear, and yoga clothes. That's a ton! And it's all for tough chiks (I've decided I am one). Also, I emailed the owner and she got right back to me! You gotta love that costumer service. She even is going to add me to their website as a "friend".


I mean, who wouldn't want this?
This company was started for women that didn't want to just wear pink and baby blue and also wanted to be able to afford their workout clothes. A balance between cute and strong. From the website: This is women’s apparel that appeals to real women who want to make a statement about who they are and what they’ve experienced along life’s journey.

2. Try Chips: I found these at the Multi Sport Expo in Bethesda last weekend. I admit, the free sample lured me in. I LOVED them. Try Chips are based on deliciously wholesome, sweet tart apple chips infused with freeze dried superfoods like acai berry, maqui berry, green tea, pomegranante, ginger, and more. Each package is 100 calories - my kids LOVED them! They have three flavors: Aspire (apple, apricot, pineapple, banana, pomegranate), Endeavor (apple, blueberry, mango, banana, acai berry), and Venture (apple, strawberry, peach, banana, maqui berry). I tried each one - hey free sample, right? De-lish! You can try all three flavors for $7.00. That's pretty fantastic!



3. Road ID: I can't say enough about this company. I really love what they do. I have a fancy pink bracelet and each of my kids have one. I bought Sam one for Christmas, black, and he has NO clue where it is! He's on my "list" until he finds it. The boys wear their bands everywhere there are crowds and craziness. The airport, D.C., metro, aquarium....anywhere we might loose them. I ordered them the small size and it is perfect. It's a velcro close, so it will adjust and fit them for a long time. I wear mine running, biking, and during races. You just never know when you might need it.

Sammy and Mason's Road IDs

4. A new blog! I know, there are a ton out there, but some are hilarious, some are serious, some are super informative, and some are super interesting to read. I do feel a weird connection to some of the bloggers I follow. Odd, since I've met none of them - I even had the chance to say "hi" to DCRainmaker and chickened out. A friend of mine at work has totally inspired me to eat healthy, stay on top of my fitness, and also have fun with it. Many people do not understand endurance athletes, moms that work, moms that exercise (one of two words I can NEVER spell correctly. Any ideas what the other is?), and people that try and eat clean. Clean eating is hard. It's doable, but it's tough. Alot of people I know think I fall in the "crazy" category and it's really nice to have a group of people I can talk to about all the "crazy" stuff I'm into. Marah is one of those people. Her blog is pretty new and I love reading it. The Three F's of Happiness is something that she's wanted to start for a while and finally checked it off her list of things to do. She focuses on Food, Fitness, and Fashion. I'm a fan of all of those things! She's big into clean eating and follows the Paleo Diet, she HEARTS Crossfit, and she's pretty into fashion - although we work at a school and none of us can always dress to impress. I highly recommend checking her out!

Any other amazing things I need to stalk checkout this week?

2 comments:

  1. I also love my ROAD ID - I just need to buy one for my husband now.

    Mine is yellow and I never forget to wear it when I go for a run!

    ReplyDelete