Friday, March 25, 2011

Nation's 1/2 Marathon packet pickup, prep, and a special delivery

It's here! The 1/2 Marathon is tomorrow at 7am! I'm pretty excited, and for once not dying of anxiety. I'm cool, I'm ready, I'm trusting my training. It helped that Sam is so supportive and Coach Rob called and wished me luck. That felt pretty cool.

If you want to come watch and cheer, here's where they are saying the happening places are:
Start/Finish line at the DC armory
Mile 5 Dupont Circle - suntrust bank
Mile 6.5 Adams Morgan - 1800 columbia rd
Mile 8 Howard University - 5th and harvard st. NW
Mile 9.5 - north capital street at R street
Mile 11 800 H St, NE


Here's all the stuff I'm bringing

Notice something missing? No IPOD for this one.

Fexy arm warmers
My race number

We took the metro to DC to get the race packets. The boys were great and had a blast! Mason is officially potty trained and he did great with that on a long metro ride and walking around DC.

sammy out

mason out
When we got home we had a special package too! Our wetsuits came!!!! Wahoo!

Let the season begin!
So, my race plan should be simple, not east, but simple. I am focusing on each mile - not the finish time. If I can pace through the way Coach Rob and I talked and trained I can PR. I'm ready. I must trust my training!
I know tons of people are running this, hope to see you out there!

3 comments:

  1. YES!!

    You do seem calm and ready for this one. Have a fabulous time! I'll cheer for you from Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No iPod? Really!?!?! How come? I am really impressed if you are able to run 13.1 miles without the aid of music. You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete