Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Getting through the day one meal at a time

I've had a few people ask what Paleo is and what I'm eating. I thought I'd share some of my snacks and meals that have been keeping me full, clean, and not on a hungry killing rampage. I am eating when I'm hungry, not when I'm bored (what a concept!)

Breakfast: I need quick and easy. I'm also a creature of habit, so every morning is the same. I also have coffee with coconut milk

Green Monster Smoothie:
Spinach (yep, raw spinach...a hold handful)
Ice
Almond Milk
(protein powder when not doing Paleo Challenge)

Almond Milk is my fav. I did find a NEW one yesterday that I actually cheered for in the store. Slightly embarrassing, but I didn't care. Are you ready for it?






The combination of two of my favorite things. I'm loving almond milk and I'm obsessed with coconut. YUM! I am so happy about this combo.

Snacks:
Hard boiled eggs
peppers
guac
cucumbers
tomatoes
mushrooms
lean meat
carrots
kale
squash
turkey bacon (salty fav)

Lunch: This is always my tricky meal. I have a hard time eating meat that has been reheated in the microwave. I swear it changes the texture and then I want to vomit. Maybe just me, but I can't handle it. So, I have a toaster oven in my office to make chicken breast, otherwise I eat left overs from dinner cold. It works for me. Making a bigger dinner to ensure there are leftovers for lunch has been a life saver! I have replaced all diet soda in my life. I do miss the bubbles though. I LOVE seltzer water. I need the bubbles



Dinner: My husband is a trained chef (jealous?) so dinners are GREAT. We have a smoker so sometimes it's smoked meat or fish, sometimes it's baked, grilled, you get the idea. Lean meat and lots of veggies. The veggie of the month has been kale - which I suspect we are getting tired of. Cabbage makes a lot of appearances as does cauliflower. Don't worry - all gas inducing veggies are Paleo friendly :)

My energy level has been normal and I only find myself hungry when I should be - not all day. I haven't tried to sneak anything - candy is my weakness - so I'm really happy about that.

Last night I did my first box jump! Yeah!!!! I also am making the vow to get double unders. The WOD last night called for 40 double unders or 120 single unders. Ugh. 120 single unders times 4 was killer. The double under will be mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment