Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Team Hardman: The begining

How did Team Hardman come to be? Glad you asked.....

I moved to Va in 1992 and so did Sam and his family. I was in 7th grade, he was in 8th. We were both At Robinson Secondary School and I could have never guessed we would have ended up together.

Sam has a brother that is my age. We had almost every class together - they did all scheduling alphabetically. Are you ready for this? He is Hardman (duh) I was Harmon. Yep. Wrap your brain around that one. Wedding day? Hardman Harmon wedding. People thought we were cousins, there was a typo, and we were really related. Hahahaha

So, we met in 1992 - were friends, but didn't hang out that much. We had alot of the same friends, Sam dated one of my best friends in High School. He graduated and went to Coast Guard boot camp and made a series of moves that landed him in Florida. I graduated and went to Longwood University in Farmville (yep, real place).

Winter break my sophomore year Sam had moved back to Virginia - our parents now lived in the same neighborhood. Summer break Sam's car spent most of it's life in the shop. Paint, body work, all kinds of "custom" stuff I don't understand. We now had the same group of hang out friends and we spent a lot of time together. He didn't have a car and I was forced to pick him up daily to get him where ever the fun was.

I was a lifeguard that summer and Sam started bringing me snacks, sodas, lunch - just the "stopped by to say hi". He was in love. :)  It took most of the summer for me to realize how great he is and that I needed to stop playing hard to get. Our first date? A wedding for his family friend. It was so fun - and we've been together ever since.

He supported me through college, graduate school, two kids, weight watchers, marathon running, triathlons, and now Crossfit.  He's a pretty great dude.

Now, I get to support him. He found out last night he got into George Mason University!!!! I could not be more proud.

Finish at Reston Olympic. He went back and found me so we could finish together
Our first wet suit swim at Lake Anna
Mother's day 1/4 marathon

Best Dad ever

After I love the Tavern Tri

Theme Party

Chris Cooley's breast cancer awareness event

My Fav. After the marine corp marathon

7 year anniversary

Morning of Sam's first 1/2 marathon

Cherry Blossom 10 miler

After Sam's 1/2 Ironman

No comments:

Post a Comment